glow notes

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Day 5: I feeeel good duh duh duh nu nu

Hey all-

Last night I was pretty fatigued. B and I ate dinner (sliced veggies with hummous and a few walnuts and almonds for me, a turkey sausage on a whole wheat roll and green beans for him) and went for a walk on the Bay, then went grocery shopping. On the way home, at about 8:30pm, I got fungry (effing hungry). Usually I don't like to eat so late in the day, but when I'm fungry I make an exception. I want to keep my muscle mass up, and I don't like to go to bed starved. So, I decided to drink a whey protein drink and have an apple. Let me tell you, that was the best tasting meal!

I was right to do that. I needed protein. I felt about 200% more energetic within 15 minutes. The down side of that is I stayed up a little late, studying. I got to bed around 10:45.

I woke up tired at 6 this morning. I wanted coffee (coffffff-eeeeee). I wanted Barry's peanut butter toast. I wanted a muffin from my favorite coffee shop - they're all full of berries and fluffy yet substantial inside, but crispy on top and man oh man, they're good. Did I mention I wanted coffee? Instead I had 2 cups of green tea and Manna bread with raw almond butter and the most yummiest mango. Felt awake enough about half an hour to run with B. We ran well - 2.6 miles in 24 minutes.

So . . . I drove into work, had a snack of strawberries and sprouted almonds before going to a long meeting. At about 12pm, while working at my desk, I realized that

I FEEL GREAT!

Don't know if it's all the herbal tea, or if the strawberries gave me a sugar buzz, or what, but dang I feel good.

In other news, I'm ready to incorporate more "building" foods into my diet slowly. Tonight we're having grass-fed beef steak with roasted corn and broccoli. I'm looking forward to that meal! Still sticking with no coffee, sugar or other processed carbs, nuked foods, dairy (except whey protein), and am still doing the green tea, lemon water, etc.

Stay tuned for day 6!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    glad you're documenting this, it's cool to observe the process. :)

    though i confess hearing the word cleanse always makes me think of lost in translation: "promise me you'll try this power cleanse!!" ;)

    sara

     

Post a Comment

<< Home